Business Workshops & Events
Is your organization hosting a Workforce Development event that you'd like us to promote? Contact us with details and we'll help spread the word!
5th Annual Finger Lakes Job Fair
This event provides an excellent opportunity for you to meet job seekers and fill job openings within your company.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00-4:00pm
- The Student Center at Finger Lakes Community College (Main Campus), 3325 Marvin Sands Drive, Canandaigua, NY 1442
- Registration Fee: $99
- For more info click here
- To register click here or download it here
REOC Career Fair 2017
Register and pay by March 17, 2017 to save $25 off the $75 registration fee!
- The event takes place on Friday, April 14, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 161 Chestnut Street, Rochester, NY
- A luncheon for employers catered by the REOC Culinary Program will follow the Career Fair from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Please register for the career fair online at click link here (http://tinyurl.com/REOCCF2017).
- Contact Sharon Crews Perkins for questions and details
Downtown Career Fair
- Friday, April 7th 12 pm - 3pm
- Blue Cross Arena
- One War Memorial Square, Rochester, NY
- Register here
WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
City of Rochester Financial Assistance Information Sessions
Learn about the many low-interest loan and grant opportunities available for the purchase of equipment, materials, supplies and more, or to purchase, build or renovate property. Whatever your business need, we are certain to have a program to fill it.
- March 30: Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St. 5 p.m.
- April 13: Carter St. R-Center, 500 Carter St. 5 p.m.
- April 27: Port of Rochester Harbor Center, 1000 N. River St. 5 p.m.
- RSVP by phone: 428-6912, by email or online. You can also download a flyer here.
HR Works HR Academy Series
HR Academy is a series of courses designed to keep HR professionals up to date on recent regulatory changes as well as provide the skills to resolve HR issues while protecting their organizations from lawsuits, promoting effective employee relations, and supporting employment decisions.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017 - Discrimination, Investigations and Violence: How to Successfully Navigate The Complex Issues Facing Today’s Workforce
- Cost: $175 per session
- For more info and to register visit the HR Works website.
Coming Out of the Corporate Closet: LGBTQ Issues in the Workplace
Today’s workforce is increasingly diverse. While protecting employees from discrimination is imperative in creating inclusive workplaces, businesses must also consider everyday issues facing LGBTQ employees. Please join us to discuss how to navigate LGBTQ issues in the workplace. This program will discuss how to communicate respectfully with LGBTQ individuals and how to create an LGBTQ inclusive workplace.