New York State Grant Opportunities
MAXIMIZE YOUR TRAINING BUDGET AND UTILIZE THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO BUSINESSES IN OUR COMMUNITY.
The New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) currently currently offers a grant program to assist businesses with training employees.
JOBS DRIVEN NATIONAL EMERGENCY GRANT
- Approximately $1.9 million in federal funds is available to offer businesses training support under the Jobs Driven National Emergency Grant program.
- The grant funds work-based training programs for dislocated workers to help them re-enter the workforce. This funding is designed to help businesses offset the high cost of training and close workers’ skills gaps so they can be successful on the job.
- Businesses are eligible for up to $250,000 to train new hires through work-based training models including On-the-Job Training, Registered Apprenticeship and Customized Training.
- Contracts will be awarded for a period of up to one year and all training activities must be completed by June 30, 2017.
- Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, with the deadline of May 26, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a job seeker interested in training grants for continued education please click here.