Train Your Workforce
RochesterWorks! has several programs to help your businesses provide employees with skills to succeed in today's workplace. If you're interested in pursuing this training, consider applying for one of our business training grants!
- Business Technical and Occupational/industry-specific - GD&T, SPC, blueprint reading precision measurement and gauging, electronic soldering/assembly, shop math, HVAC, machinist training, financial management, budgeting, marketing, project management
- Computer/IT-MIS - Certifications, programming, Microsoft Office software, Windows AutoCad
- General Workplace Skills - Team building, problem solving/decision making, workplace preparedness, verbal communications, written communications, workplace diversity, workplace English, basic math, time management, stress management
- Interpersonal - Customer service, communication, assertiveness, stress management, conflict resolution, leadership development
- Needs Assessment
- Process Improvement/Quality - Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO 9000, Total Quality Improvement
- Six Sigma
- Supervision/Management - Leadership development, motivating others, presentations, coaching, interview skills, employee appraisals
Many training program are available to help you upgrade the skills of new and current employees, and provide on-the-job, in the classroom, or customized training at the workplace. Local educational institutions and training providers are listed with the type of programs they offer.
- Advantage Quality Consulting - Specializing in on-site training for small and medium size businesses. Courses are designed to increase employee effectivity and improve business profitability. Subject matter may also be tailored to solve individual problems.
- ANSYA Enterprise Solutions, Inc. - ANSYA Enterprise Solutions provides training in the following areas: Business-Process Reengineering, Supply-Chain Management, Logistics, E-commerce, RFID and Systems Integration, and other business/enterprise Skills.
- Autodraft Inc. - Autodraft, Inc. is your Autodesk training resource for a variety of products & disciplines. We cater to the mechanical, electrical controls, and plant design industries. We teach in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical, Mechanical Desktop, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Inventor Professional and more. We also provide training in some third party applications and we are always available for custom, on-site or one-on-one training.
- Bryant and Stratton, Professional Skills Center - Chapman Lean Enterprise - Chapman Lean Enterprise (CLE) provides on-site training and consultations for manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, and service companies, and partners with colleges to train the emerging and retooling workforce. CLE also offers lean leadership coaching, kaizen events, value stream mapping, lean assessments, audits, and a wide variety of lean training courses (see Process Improvement/Quality section below). Furthermore, CLE helps companies develop their workforce into highly effective problem solvers, continuous improvement agents, and lean thinkers that integrate lean into day-to-day operations to increase efficiency, reduce waste, maximize value, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Dale Carenegie Training - We provide time tested programs for management, leadership, sales, presentation skills, customer service, team building. We have public programs in-house programs, and customized solutions for soft skill development by facilitating behavior change.
- Durkee Consulting, Inc. - Training preparation classes for certifications in CISSP.
- Excellerated Performance LLC - Excellerated Performance provides personal, professional and organizational training and development services tailored to meet specific customer requirements. We combine proven methodologies with extensive experience to deliver significantly improved results. The benefits our customers receive range from increased revenue and profits, to greater personal and organizational productivity.
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce - Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce passionately serves, promotes, and advocates for its members in order to secure economic prosperity for our Finger Lakes region.
- Greece Central School District - High School Equivalency Test Preparation, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Customer Service/Sales, Workplace English, Communication Skills, Workplaace Math, Problem Solving, Pharmacy Technician, Office Technology, Custodial Maintenance and Repair, Health Care Support Specialist(developmental disabilities and TBI, Citizenship Preparation, Career Family and Life Skills (CFALS)
- High Tech Rochester - Entrepreneurial development; marketing, market planning, business planning, financial planning, market identification, market sizing, business-building, competitive strategy
- Innovations Plus - Innovations PLUS offers standard on-site seminars and training programs on many quality, management, and marketing related topics. The company also develops and implements custom training programs in response to Client specific requirements.
- JG Consulting - Sales training, Marketing training, Time management, Customer service
- Monroe Community College Corporate College - MCC offers customized training, contract credit, and distance learning training solutions for your employees training and education needs. We offer extensive resources from a variety of disciplines to serve your needs. From Business Management to Technical Skills Development to Fundamental Skills, MCC is prepared to assist you with your training needs. If we don't have the program you need, we'll help you find it through our educational partners.
- Monroe BOCES 1 - Monroe #1 BOCES develops and implements programs and services that meet the diverse needs of general education students, special needs students with disabilities, and at-risk students. Resources are combined, when and where they are needed, to provide creative solutions that help students stay in school and ultimately achieve success, supporting Monroe #1 BOCES’ belief that every student can succeed.
- Monroe BOCES-2 - Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES is one of 38 BOCES in New York State serving 700 public school districts. The Monroe 2-Orleans BOCES Office for Instructional Programs delivers programs and services to meet a variety of needs of individuals’ birth through adulthood. A wide range of educational opportunities is offered to expand and enrich learning for all.
- New York School of Home Inspection and Construction (NYSHIC) - NYSHIC provides an ideal opportunity to meet all of your educational and training needs in the inspection and construction industries. We are your one source for the classroom instruction and soon to come on-line training opportunities. With a staff of trained instructors and administrators, we provide you with many ways to meet all your professional requirements in the Home Inspection and Construction trades. Many of the classes meet a number of different association educational requirements so make sure to contact us is you don’t see your specific group on the list.
- Nonprofit Works - Grant writing and research, business research, strategic planning, written communications
- The Project Solvers of America, Inc. - Project management training and consulting services. We offer public seminars on project management topics, specializing in MS Project, team-building, and PMP certification preparedness. We also provide custom training for clients on-site.
- RML Lean Inc. - RML Lean Inc. provides lean training and the hands on learning of the lean tools including 5S & Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, Performance Monitoring, Lean Layout & Flow, Set Up Reduction, Hoshin Planning, Lean Material Flow, Pull Systems/Kanban, Standard Work, Error Proofing, Cell Design, Takt Time & Operations Balancing, Total Productive Maintenance, Lean Workshops/Kaizen Events, A3, Introduction to Lean Principles and The 7 Wastes. We service manufacturing, healthcare, military, transportation, not-for-profit and all other business process while providing exceptional service, flexibility and value to our customers.
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) - Through a unique blend of curricular, experiential, and research programs delivered within a student-centric culture, Rochester Institute of Technology prepares its students for successful careers in a global society.
- TCM Group - The TCM Group Focuses on Results and Knowledge Transfer. All of our training programs are results oriented and we specialize in quantitative tracking methods for all our programs and students. We believe in helping the student realize benefits through succinct training, demonstrations, business scenarios and real organizational projects. This aids in knowledge transfer and drives proven results
- TWI Learning Partnership - Training Within Industry (TWI) is a set of learning disciplines and problem solving tools that enable people doing work to effectively create, improve, train and sustain standard work, while increasing productivity through problem-solving.
- Unlimited Coaching Solutions - Unlimited Coaching Solutions is a Total Solutions Provider, offering training assessment, design, delivery and evaluation. We specializes in improving culture, Leadership development, Management/Supervisory training, Teambuilding, Communication, Customer Service, Sales, Time Management and Organization. We deliver customized workshops and one-on-one coaching.
- ValueVision Associates - The Value Selling training is targeted for sales, inside sales, sales and executive management, customer support representatives and marketing groups. The program has several modules including the definition of six fundamental Value Selling principles and the definition and use of sales tools such as the Value Prompter and the Qualified Prospect Formula. The course may be conducted in a one to three day training workshop. Additionally the eValueSelling internet based module is available to define the Principles and overall Process of Value Selling.
Training Providers, if you run a program that you want us to consider adding to this list or if you would like to update the information please contact us at (585) 258-3520.
Disclaimer: External links and references to other organizations do not constitute an endorsement of any service or information by RochesterWorks, Inc.