GET UPDATES FROM
OUR YOUTH TEAM
Find a Job
RochesterWorks! and Indeed.com, are pleased to partner to bring you one of the most powerful job board/search engines on the Internet.
RochesterWorks! powerful job search tool uses spider-technology to search private company Web site postings and other major job boards on the Internet.
Want to look in another or larger geographic area? No problem. Create your own custom search criteria. Plus get email alerts! Take advantage of this exciting new capability beginning right now!
Get New York Youth Works Certified and Make Your Job Search Easier!
If you are between the age of 16 and 24 years old, unemployed and live in the City of Rochester you have the opportunity to take advantage of the New York Youth Works Program!
*Please note: this is NOT the Summer Youth Employment Program/Summer Of Opportunity
Getting certified is easy. See the links below for more details.
For the NYYW Youth Participants Fact Sheet - click here
To Search for Jobs on the NY Job bank - NYYW - click here
For Businesses looking to hire NYYW Youth - click here
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED STARTING JANUARY 2015
If you have additional questions or need help call 1-877-266-5724 or email the New York State Department of Labor at NYYW@labor.ny.gov (For Businesses) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Youth)
You can also call RochesterWorks! at (585) 258-3500 or visit us at 255 N. Goodman Street, Rochester, NY – Click here for hours and directions
Job Search Tips and Resources
Youth Employment Certificates and Permit Information
See guidelines and requirements. PDF / Word
Services Available to Youth 14-21
- Needs Assessment – Meet with a Youth Career Services Advisor for advice
- Self-Help Resources – Use computer-based resources and hand-out materials
- Workshops – Participate and learn how to find a job faster
- Programs – Year-round Navigator Services, Summer Youth Employment Program (14-20 In School)
- Special Events – Job, Career, and College Fairs just for youth
- Referrals – Learn about other community resources